Monday, November 10, 2014

"They" Say; Never Go To Bed Angry

I don't do reviews. Go see this guy for reviews www.tasteyourjuice.com, I learned a ton of stuff by visiting Phil's site. I have purchased stuff and plan to purchase stuff based on the effort and expense he puts into his work.

I'm far more focused on the industry issues in Canada. Bullshit irritates me, whether its politicians looking to mess with the one thing I've found that got me off of tobacco to protect their 7 billion a year in taxes, or industry players who give those politicians the ammunition they need to mess with the one thing I've found that got me off tobacco. I'll call them both out.

I'm an equal opportunity jerk.


But that doesn't mean I have nothing nice to say.


From my forum posts, to my blog posts, to advising co-workers looking at options; I'm a big fan of the Electronic Cigarette Trade Association of Canada (www.ectaofcanada.com); A group of vendors who got together in 2011 to try and do good for an industry that was unregulated and unsupervised. They applied standards where the government didn't or wouldn't and I really feel they are indeed trying to look after their businesses and their customers. ECTA members will always get first crack and my money, and I promote them shamelessly.

I've only been at this for about 6 weeks so I've only dealt with a handful of even ECTA vendors and I've only had the opportunity to order liquids from two. Both have impressed me by their standards and where they have gone beyond the standards so I'm going to give them a specific plug here. Why? Because it's my blog, I can do what I want :).

My first raft of e-liquid came from Flavour Crafters (www.flavourcrafters.biz) I was impressed by the fact that they post brief forms of their quality testing results on line so I could read them. They openly post both positive and not quite so positive test results. The later always were identified with posted action plans and corrective measures. The openness impressed the hell out of me and I told them so in an e-mail when I made my order. The response I got back impressed me even more. While the trade association requires minimum testing quantities on a time based rotation, the e-mail said they had sent their remaining line in for a baseline test. That's an expensive thing to do. In my opinion it's also the right thing to do. Kudos to Flavour Crafters.

From that initial order I found several products I will order again. Among them Juicy Peach and Belgian Elephant.

That's it. That's as much of a product review you will ever see on this blog. My focus is on the industry and bullshit politics. You want my opinion on a liquid? It'll be on the manufacturers website with the rest of the consumer feedback.

My second order I just opened yesterday from Stinky Canuck (www.stinkycanuck.com). Stinky also posts abbreviated test results but what I liked most about her stuff; it came with safety seals on top of the childproof caps. Not flimsy ones either, but good strong seals. As a guy with four kids I can dig a good strong seal on a child resistant safety cap. Kudos to Stinky Canuck.

From her order I have also identified several flavours I will order again. Among them Raspberry Pinto and Mango Tango.

And because I'm keen on ECTA members, I'll throw a shout out to East Coast Vape (www.eastcoastvape.ca). The only member who had authentic V2 Russian 91% RBA's (with the upgraded non leaking center pins). The stuff got here fast (it's a long way between here and there) and now all I need is for Vapor Shark to get those rDNA 40D's on the bloody dogsled so I can try out some temperature protected vaping.


So that's it, me being happy and positive and whatnot. Tomorrow it's back to angry and sarcastic.

But then, my name isn't CheeryMeathead, or AffableMeathead, or for that matter even SociallyAcceptableMeathead.

It's MadMeathead.

1 comment: